just can't wait to get on the road again. Wait, I hope to not have to travel for a LLLOOONNNGG time. We left Friday night for South Dakota, about 6 hours into the trip the muffle came apart from the engine. We stopped for the night and found someone to fix it the next morning. We arrived in South Dakota about 12 hours after we were supposed to arrive. When we showed up our kids were indifferent to us being there. Kyra asked me "What are you doing here". "I'm here to pick you up." I don't want to go home with you I want to go home with grandma". So after the cool reception we watched the kids play in the lake and visited with family. We left for Illinois on Sunday morning. About three hours in to the trip our transmission went out. We were able to get a tow back to town and a room at a hotel. There was too much damage to the suburban to fix it so we rented two cars (because you can't rent a minivan for a one way trip), and got home late last night. Mark's brother is going to pick up the suburban and do whatever he wants with it. We didn't qualify for the cash for clunkers because you have to be able to drive the vehicle onto the lot.
Needless to say it was a very long trip. The kids did wonderful with all the distractions and chaos. They were very patient and kept themselves busy as Mark and I discussed options. The drive home was long because Kyleigh got tired of traveling but it could have been much worse. We haven't decided if we're going to start looking for another vehicle right away or wait awhile, we are in no hurry because we still have two vehicles to use.
Anyway, the kids had fun, I'll try to get some pictures posted when Grandma sends them, she's having a little technical difficulty, the camera got wet when she fell in the lake (I guess this is the kids' favorite part of the trip). Beside camping and fishing, the kids also golfed up in Canada, saw relatives, played at the park, and did some sewing just the name a few activities. We are gearing up for the start of school and birthday season so I'll be posting those events as they happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I was curious and started looking around at suburbans... found this..
http://jimmccomb.com/Vehicle.aspx?v=2456337
I like the price.
Yeah, the more I looked at it, I figure it had to be a mistake... it's got a Bose stereo system & DVD system for cryin' out loud. I would be extremely surprised if that was not a mistake.
Mark went and checked it out, the price was supposed to be $49,000.
Yeah, that's what I figured after I started looking at the details. Too bad it couldn't have been correct.
Post a Comment