Sunday, May 11, 2008

Can I get a do over on Mother's Day?





On Friday Mason has his last day of school which was a field trip to the zoo. Mason and Kyra had a great time. We haven't been to the zoo in a year so Kyra was thrilled to see the animals. After the zoo I rushed home to drop Mason and Kyra off with Chantel so I could head up to Valynn's school. She had a Mother's Day spa for me. They had four stations, a snack station where Valynn waited on me. A massage station where I got my feet and back rubbed. A hair and make up station and a manicure and pedicure station where Valynn painted my nails. It was a lot of fun, and Valynn enjoyed herself as well. Friday night we went over to Brad and Chantel's for supper. On Saturday we went to Bloomington for lunch with Sheldon and Kristen. We had a great visit, and the kids had fun playing. I got the rest of my stuff to finish the girls names. I thought they turned out good, now we just need dad to hang them up.

Now for why I want a do over. Last night around 3:00 we got a thunderstorm. Kyra woke up because she's scared of thunder. I brought her to bed with us and she fell asleep. Around 3:30 she threw up, all over herself and me. She ended up throwing up two more times before 4:30. She only hit the bed once, but she hit me all three times. So far she's been fine this morning. The kids made me breakfast and helped clean up. We're going to stay home from church but I'll maybe talk Mark into running into Princeville for lunch since we were going to go out to eat. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers!!

No comments: