I can hardly believe that Kyleigh has been with us for 6 months already. This week she has gone through a mental and physical growth spurt. She is constantly talking and the older kids think it's funny when she says mama. They start yelling "She's calling for you" which just happens to be her trying out sounds. Kyra even claims she said Kyra one day, we doubt that. She has gotten a lot more wiggly this week and on a regular basis will roll from her stomach to her back. She prefers to be sitting up but will lay on the floor for long periods of time as long as she has entertainment, i.e. a sibling. She loves suppertime and eating with the family. Next week she has her check up so I'll post her stats at that time.
It's been a busy week here, on Wednesday I had surgery on my foot so I'm hobbling around. It's feeling good and having to prop my foot up is giving me a chance to get caught up on TV shows and magazines while having an excuse to not clean house.
Valynn has her last basketball game this weekend and then we move into soccer season. She is still loving school.
I was talking with Mason's teacher this week and she said he was doing very well with his reading. He's not quite as far as Valynn was but he's at the top of his class. Hopefully the trend of having kids who can easily pick of reading continues to the other two.
Kyra is still being very independent. If she can't do it herself, she doesn't want to do it. She is also slowly giving up naps while at the same time telling me she's tired.
On Wednesday we took advantage of the beautiful weather and I sent the kids outside to ride their bikes. It is so nice to be able to let the kids go outside and not have to worry about constantly watching them. I just call the other moms, they send their kids out and we take turns checking on them depending on whose yard they end up in or just watch them ride their bikes up and down the street. I had an HOA officer meeting last night and we are going to look into getting "children playing" and/or dead end signs so people who don't live on the street will be hopefully be more cautious.
No comments:
Post a Comment