We took a trip to Galena, IL for the weekend. Galena is located in the corner of Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin. It's a historic town. We visited the Apple River Fort where they had reenactments taking place. We toured General Grant's house (he wasn't president at the time). We walked along the historic Main St. and did some shopping. We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast. It was a very nice and relaxing trip.
Sunday night I went out with the 3 neighbor ladies. We went out to eat at a new Mexican restaurant and shared a pitcher of virgin Strawberry daquari and then to the movie Mamma Mia. It was a very enjoyable evening and the movie was funny. The four of us made quite a sight since three of us are pregnant and two of us are due in 2-3 weeks. When I got home Mark was across the street watching a movie and drinking beer with Brad so I guess I don't feel too bad about leaving him home alone.
It's our last week without the kids and a few more projects to get finished up before they get home. Mark was done with class last week and he got an A. With school done he should be able to help me with a couple of my projects before the kids get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment