Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!!




It's been a busy couple of weeks. I was hoping we were on the mend, but it looks like we have another round of illness. Monday Valynn had her recheck and I had the doctor take a look at Kyra. Valynn is cleared up but Kyra had the start of an ear infection. Yesterday Mason threw up, but today he seems to be doing better, unfortunately Kyra is acting like she's not feeling good today, she was up most of last night, we well see. I got my cast off and my stitches out and I don't need physical therapy so I am on the mend.

Valynn lost her first tooth Monday night and it's only a matter of time before she loses another. She finally got her reading tests but we haven't heard the results yet. She impressed us with her thinking Saturday night, she was working on her catechism and they had to cross off the one thing that that didn't belong regarding their senses. For sight they had to draw their own pictures in. She drew a sun with stars, a flower, and a cat, she then crossed off the sun and the starts. Confused because you can see the sun and stars I asked her about it and her answer was "When the sun is out you can't see the stars but I know they are still there". Valynn had her Daisy scouts investiture last week.

Mason is working on reading sight words, I can't believe how he wants to learn to read now that he's started school.

Kyra is learning more words everyday, even the babysitter can pick them out. Her cutest is when she says moo and quack.

We had fun getting together with our friends in Bloomington two weeks ago. The kids always enjoying getting together. Last Saturday we watched the neighbor boys for a few hours, they had a great time playing football with Valynn and Mason.

The kids are singing at church on December 9th. Valynn is singing at the Holiday homecoming in Princeville on December 2nd.

Today we are headed north for Thanksgiving. I have to go, my youngest is eating one of the pumpkin pies. Good thing I baked two.

No comments: