Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Three Months



I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I know we did, we had so much to be thankful for. The meal was wonderful (of course I'm going to say that, I cooked it) and we had great friends to enjoy it with. The Donsbach's joined us and we had an enjoyable visit. Thursday night we went to the Endres' for appetizers, dessert, and chocolate martini's. The kids always enjoy playing with each other and the adults had a nice visit.

Kyleigh turned three months on Thanksgiving. She is growing so fast. She has learned to turn herself in a circle, it's so fun to watch her push herself around. She has also started putting her legs down so she can lift her butt off the ground. She is our wiggle worm, constantly moving and rolling to her side. It won't be long before she's rolling over to her tummy. Kyleigh always has a smile and definately enjoys being entertained by the older siblings.

Valynn set up the Christmas village yesterday. She was entertaining to watch. She had a story for every person and house that she set up. It all had to make logical sense to her or she wouldn't place it there. For example, any figurine that was a kid had to be next to the school for recess unless that child was homeschooled, then they didn't have to be around the other kids. And since there was only one figurine with ice skates, that person didn't have many friends which is why he was ice skating alone. She spent hours arranging and rearranging it, she's still rearranging it.

Mason set up the nativity scene for me. He placed all the figurines looking at baby Jesus so all that you can see are their backs. I loved how he had a different perception of how it should be arranged.

Kyra wished everyone a Happy Birthday Thanksgiving. We even had to sing Happy Birthday to Kyleigh since Kyra insisted it was someone's birthday. She is a constant ball of energy.

We've enjoyed being home for the Holiday. We are getting a few projects done around the house, I had a honey do list for Mark. The only thing that hasn't been done yet is decorating the outside of the house which he insists it must be cold outside before he'll do it. Tomorrow looks promising for the decoration since we're supposed to get about an inch of snow tonight. We have some decorations up but last night we decided to order a new Christmas tree so it'll be a couple of days before that arrives and we can decorate it. I had to buy candy today for the candy ribbons so the kids can start the countdown on Monday.

Today Mark took Valynn and Mason ice skating. The had a great time. Kyra, Kyleigh, and I braved the crowds at Target to pick up a few things. We're gearing up for a busy couple of weeks with doctor's appointments, Christmas concerts, meal prep/ cookie baking, and Christmas parties just to name a few. The neighbors and I have been busy scheduling babysitting swaps to make all the errands easier for those involved. I hope everyone has a good week.

No comments: