Monday, October 20, 2008

Hectic week





Well what was going to be a fairly relaxing week turned busy, but that's how it goes. I'll start at the beginning. On Monday the latest Chippewa Estates member was born, Annika Joy. I'm the only one who has seen her so far but the kids can't wait to meet her. We have been very lucky, there was an illness and a staph infection going around school the last couple of weeks, where 1/3 of the student were missing class, we didn't catch them, but the neighbor kids did. Tuesday and Wednesday Tonya and I took supper over to Chantel's. On Wednesday Robbie and Danielle brought us supper (can you say musical meals?). It was very delicious. On Friday I was offered a job at the school. I will be working three hours a week as a tutor after school. I will be starting this week, provided I can get a sitter lined up, the sitter I have lined up can't start until next week. Saturday was Valynn's birthday party. The kids played pin the tail on the horse, had a pinata, and found money in the hay. It was a beautiful day for a party and everyone had a great time. I also made Halloween pizzas. Saturday night Mark went to the Illini football game so a couple of neighbor ladies came over for supper. It was a nice evening and the kids were sufficiently wore out from playing. On Sunday after church we watched the Vikings lose to the Bears and then went to a surprise 16th birthday party. After the party the kids went to pick their pumpkins. Mark's birthday is coming up on Wednesday and then we are officially done with birthdays for a few months.

No comments: