It was Valynn and Mason's first day of soccer games. Both of their teams won. Valynn sprinted on the field for her game, she was aggressive towards getting in the area of the ball and got a few good kicks in. She did a great job and was tired by the end of the game. She is a little behind her team mates because for some this is their third year. She is also the only girl on the team. This didn't seem to bother her and I'm sure by the end of the month she'll be holding her own. She has a classmate on her team (the boy who lost all of his things in the apartment fire 2 months ago) he is a natural athlete and was kicking goals in from quite a distance.
Mason was a little more unsure of what to do at first but after he figured it out he took control of the ball more than once. Mason scored his first soccer goal, unfortunately it was into his own teams net, I even got that one on video, oh he is going to love watching that in a few years isn't he. He still did a wonderful job and even got to play goalie.
The game were fun to watch. The K-1 teams did a good job actually playing the game. They were able to control the ball and followed the rules very closely. Not so with the pre-K. The pre-K teams were more like mass confusion. They did a great job and the coaches helped keep the ball inbounds so they didn't stop playing. The coaches did a great job just letting the little ones play if they were already kicking the ball. Maybe one day I'll learn how to upload video so everyone can see what I'm talking about. We also had the realization today that we could be doing this for the next 12 years and possibly have four kids playing soccer at the same time all on different teams.
Mark and I are waiting for the kids to go to bed so we can finally relax this weekend. Yesterday I hosted an UpperCase Living party. I can't wait to display some of the items I bought. We then went to the Swiss Steak Supper at a church in Blue Ridge. This morning I took the kids to Sunday School and read in church while Mark got out with the boys. He went shooting with Brian and Scott. We had a beautiful weekend. Yesterday we got our cherry tree and blueberries planted. We also got them enclosed so the deer will leave them alone.
We have a busy week coming up. I'm working Tuesday afternoon and on Thursday I have my ultrasound. I hope to get pictures of our newest family member posted when we get home. Have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment